SEGA have today urged you to start your engines as they have officially announced Team Sonic Racing.
Developed by the very talented Sumo Digital, Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing with unique vehicle customisation options, Sonic fans can play solo, team up with friends or face-off against each other in high-stake races between rival teams across the Sonic Universe.
It is being released on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch this winter. A PC release will be coming too but it will be digital only. The key features include:
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customisation – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.
Take a look at the announcement trailer and be sure to let us know if Team Sonic Racing will be on your radar later this year via the comment section below.#