aPrioriDigital, a talented Bristol based indie developer have announced that Aperion Cyberstorm is coming to the Nintendo Switch, Wii U and Steam next month.
The 2D twin-stick shooter will be released on February 8th (Xbox One to follow) and can be played for up to 5 players. As a pilot, you’ll be challenged to fly through hundreds of maps across three game modes, combining dynamic abilities and elemental effects to brutal effect and endless variety. Jonathan Price, co-founder and designer stated:
Prototyping for Aperion Cyberstorm began development in October 2013 as a cooperative space shooter made with the XNA framework and in mid-2014 we decided to move the game from XNA to Unity. This then gave us the ability to bring the game to Nintendo Wii U. During the lifetime of the project, we have revised the release date more times than we would like. The reason for doing so is that we understand that the game may not make back its development costs, which is a reality that a lot of studios face, but we wanted to make a game we could be proud of and that can be played years from now by a variety of people of different abilities.
The main gameplay features include:
- Three modes of play: Campaign; Onslaught; and Versus
- 1-5 player support in all modes
- Campaign mode with ships, abilities, elements, and several difficulty levels to select/unlock
- Onslaught mode with 16 maps of brutal challenge, with enemy compositions specific to each map
- 16 maps in Versus, with a further 16 to unlock through play across all modes
- Optional AI players in Versus mode for constant five player battles
- Reverse controls, auto-activation of weapons and abilities, and scalable text for readability
Take a look at the gameplay trailer and be sure to let us know if this will be part of your Switch or Wii U library in the comment section below.