Get ready for some hectic cooking once again as Team 17 have announced the official release date for Overcooked 2.
Overcooked 2 will be cooking on gas when it is released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One. Nintendo Switch and PC on August 7th. It brings with it new chefs, new kitchens and new recipes.
Once again, joining three others for local co-op play (online play is also included now!), you’ll need to serve a variety of recipes including sushi, pasta, cakes, burgers and burritos to hungry customers in a series of unconventional kitchens. The main features include:
- Online multiplayer! For the first time you can cook up a storm with up to four players in both local and online multiplayer
- Throwing! Throwing is now an official game mechanic, allowing you to toss ingredients to your fellow chefs or even straight into the pan/blender/onto the floor
- New level mechanics! Overcooked 2 sees the introduction of new game mechanics including moving walkways, controllable platforms and even portals!
- Dynamic levels! Throwing you from the frying pan and into the fire, dynamic levels will change around you, offering a new challenge to overcome as the recipes and levels themselves change!
- Interactive world map! As you drive, sail and soar your way around the map in the Onion King’s amphibious air bus you will open up new areas using hidden buttons around the world
- Kitchens! From the neon lights of a sushi restaurant to the bubbling pots of a Wizard school kitchen, there are plenty of places to cook up a storm in Overcooked 2!#
- Recipes! From spaghetti to sushi and pancakes to pizza, recipes both old and new will need to be cooked to perfection (or at least not burnt to a crisp!) New recipes mean new ingredients and new equipment so even the most well-seasoned Overcooked players will be challenged.
- Chefs! Overcooked 2 introduces a whole host of new of chefs to play in the kitchen including an eagle, mouse, beaver and what kitchen is complete without an octopus!
Take a look at some screenshots and the trailer before letting us know if you’re hungry for some Overcooked 2 via the comment section below.