Deep Silver and SEGA have today revealed the release date of a brand new game set in the Valkyria universe with all new gameplay mechanics, Valkyria Revolution.
Valkyria Revolution is coming to both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 30th. Limited quantities of the launch edition will come featuring a 12-track soundtrack by the renowned Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow). Here are the main features of Valkyria Revolution:
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
- Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.
Let’s take a look at the trailer for the game and we would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.