Forged Battalion, the interesting new take on real-time strategy games has officially arrived for war via Steam Early Access, Team 17 have confirmed.
Forged Battalion will let players build and customise their own unique faction as they fight in a variety of skirmish, solo and multiplayer battles. They will create, customise, and develop the blueprints of their emerging faction to create ever-evolving factories and units.
Using resources gained from each battle, they will unlock new options through the tech tree allowing them to choose the archetype, and an array of armours, locomotors, weapons, and special abilities such as stealth and regeneration that will make each player’s faction one of a kind. This Early Access will run for several months and the launch content includes:
- Campaign missions comprising the first act of a multi-act storyline
- Skirmish maps supporting up to eight players
- Multiple Skirmish game modes including HQ Destruction and Annihilation
- Dedicated servers to support multiplayer
- Five customisable archetypes of vehicles (infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, air and turrets)
- Resource management of tech tree points earned in tactical battles
We will have our own preview hitting the site very soon. In the meanwhile, take a look at the Early Access trailer and give us your initial thoughts via the comment section below.